If you receive an alert on americanexpress.com which reads “Something went wrong. Please refresh the page or log back in and try again. If the problem persists, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org” the most likely cause is something in your browser which is incorrectly blocking a script that the Amex site uses.
A new solution is in place with v4.3+ of the extension, which is now available for Chrome, and will be available for Safari shortly, so please be sure to update your extension to fix this problem definitively.
If you’re still using an older version, please do the following:
- Disable any in-browser ad blocker temporarily
- Disable PiHole or other router-level ad blocker
- Enable third-party cookies (at least for americanexpress.com)
- Sign out of americanexpress.com, then log back in
- If your Amex Offers now load, you’ll want to whitelist browsing on the americanexpress.com site to prevent the problem in the future, then re-enable your ad blockers
Some ad blockers are blocking some scripts which Amex uses, and on which the CardPointers extension relies. You can try whitelisting just the one which is causing the issue (
assets.adobedtm.com) by following these instructions.